Monday, March 21, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

Have you ever had ripe bananas at home and didn’t want to throw them out because you knew you had time to make banana bread? Well that was me this week. So many times I have bought too many bananas and put them in the refrigerator when they were too ripe. I had planned on making this delicious banana bread each time. But in the end, I threw them out because they were beginning to look like a science project.

This time was different. I wanted to make a banana bread to take on vacation. I wanted to bake this “different” delicious banana bread. You would think with the “10,000 cookbooks” I have, no problem. However, finding a recipe that sounded good to me was difficult. So I turned to my trusty computer. Thank-you Food Network.

This recipe look interesting because it used Crisco instead of butter and also I love macadamia nuts. I think they have a much richer taste than any other nuts.

This banana bread was super easy and quick to make. I used the Crisco flavored with butter. This bread was so moist and flavorful. The nuts had a delicate crunch and were very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment