Friday, March 18, 2011

Salmon with Orange-Fennel Sauce

I was looking through a few magazines for a dish that I could make for dinner that wasn’t time consuming. This salmon recipe looked like one that was simple but had lots of complex flavors. The one caveat was that I don’t east seafood, much less salmon. So Michael was the guinea pig tonight.

I never broil salmon, so this was new to me. I had to get out the owners’ manual to figure out the right way to broil in my new beautiful oven. I really had fun preparing this dish so I hoped Michael was going to give it “a thumbs up”.

There are a few quick tips for you: Prepare the marinade up to one day in advance and refrigerate in an n airtight container. Also, Be careful not to marinate longer than 20 minutes as the citrus marinade can “cook” the fish. Crush the fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle if you have one. If not, place them in a zip-top plastic bag on a cutting board and crush with a heavy pan.

Michael really liked this recipe, however he wanted you to know that the flavors were very complex and sophisticated. With that in mind, the marinade was delicious and he would have this recipe again. He never had broiled salmon, but he gave me two “thumbs up”.

No comments:

Post a Comment